Sunday, August 12, 2012

Overdue Update



Howdy! :)

Sorry about the gap in posting, but I've spoken to you between the gap so you all know what's going on. As of now, I've decided to rent a car and drive home in October, and then fly back at the end of the two weeks. I can't begin to say how excited I am about that!

Last weekend was pretty laid-back. Saturday, we went over to my friend Bill's house and  had breakfast - Bill made homemade Chilaquiles. (Tortilla chips cooked in a red pepper sauce served with egg on top - the perfect breakfast! In the evening, (as you know) we went to the New Folk festival in LA. We had an AMAZING time.
 It was at a place called Zorthian Ranch, an out of the way place used for filming locations and photography sets. There was about a 10 min walk/hike to the ranch after you park, up this road:


http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7Iio9POl2Y0/SYzXhrmf__I/AAAAAAAAApk/LtOoZes4Fbo/s400/IMG_1812.JPG
 There were 4 small stages like this one:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAX_j4pfigF0aYVP6-8CepBby4kYN7WkgyGpZZK7_A-lqxPxa84lNvpe9q-iA9tLzJaYqYrPkl08GzlQi2p-uJZZgjRyhWGS3kURagVzWWQwQyB2TfCQhC9XGqcyAEvKJrjk8WUoPxwXj0/s400/SANY0118.JPG
 (but it looked a lot more fun full of people and music!)

This is the view we got to see around the ranch. The ranch had chickens, horses, goats, beehives, and who knows what else. The vibe was more hippy than country but it was still a really nice escape (and made me home sick!)
Here are two songs from a singer we liked a lot there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87OJBtxkV84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsiUeoCNm4

The week flew by and before I knew it, it was the weekend again and time to do another post. Here's a new rug we got for our entryway:
 Oh and i wanted to share the dinner Nelson cooked for me on Friday night, its a jumble of things, one's a chicken dish and the red stuff is chilaquiles that he made from scratch as well (trying to make it better than bill).

And also, as you know, we went to Disneyland! We had a blast. It was soooooo-ooooo hot, but being able to use my silver pass to get in and out is a real treat.





Here's a few pictures we took of each other.

Now for Sunday we are gonna get a few errands taken care of and I'm going to work a little bit on my freelance. 
I love you guys and hopefully talk to you soon!
Elle


No comments:

Post a Comment